Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"Your First Week" Layout- Doodlebug Design Colorwheel Collection

I've been wanting to create a layout of these photos for a while now, and I thought that the Colorwheel collection by Doodlebug Design would be a great way to finally do it. Having a baby girl changes your life. A little less of the "robot" and "outerspace" patterned paper....bring on the flowers and the butterflies :)

I took a picture of my daughter every day for a long time.  I think part of me knew this may be my last baby, and also I was over the moon excited to have a girl!

It's amazing how much a baby changes in the first few days of life.  The photos tell enough of what the layout is about without journaling, but for this layout, I want to remember every little change that I remember in her, so I'm including a pull-out journaling tab behind the photos that will have a LOT of writing :)
Doodlebug makes it so easy to scrapbook with their products.  Their letter stickers are wonderful!  If you don't get the letter placed exactly where you want it the first time, they can be repositioned until you get it right.  The same goes for their wonderful Fancy Frills border stickers.  I love the pink one with all the sparkle!
 
And the Doodle Pops are probably my new favorite Doodlebug product.  They almost all have bling or glitter (you know me- I love sparkle!) and they're dimensional and oh-so-cute!  I love that you just peel and stick and get beautiful results.
The butterfly is another Doodle Pop sticker. 
I love these cute bird Braddies, too.  The "Happy" sentiment is from the Cute Cuts cardstock, popped up with some foam dimensional adhesive.

A lot of the time I like to do a little (and by little I really mean little) Photoshopping on my photos-
but in the case of this layout, I wanted to remember all the little perfect imperfections- red spots, puffy eyes and all.  It's the sweet beauty of newborns.

Documenting life's little magical moments and special events is what scrapbooking is all about.

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...